A Family Wedding in Rocky Point Mexico

 I remember when Chris (my husband's cousin) and Crystal came over on Christmas day and said they were engaged!!  We were so happy for both of them.  I know at that moment several of us said "get married in Mexico".  You see Mexico is our favorite place.  We go several times a year to unwind and enjoy the ocean.  It is about a 4 to 5 hour drive.  Where we go is called Puerto Penasco most commonly called Rocky Point.  I understand a lot people are a little stand offish when thinking of going to Mexico.  I myself can get a little nervous the day before going and find myself praying that every thing goes smoothly.  Once we get down to the beach we completely relax and have a wonderful time.  Rocky Point beach is warm and there amazing sand bars once the tide goes out and that was our vision for Chris and Crystal.  I do want to mention that we have never encounter anything bad or strange while in Mexico but a great time.  This big beautiful beach house is where the wedding was held.










 The story of Chris and Crystal in her words:
Chris and I met at a mutual friend, Chrissy's, birthday party... it was a pajama party. Chris was wearing a Hugh Hefner robe & I was trying to beat this roller derby chic at twister... I did!! Anyway, Chris & I started talking & hit it off... we talked about the kids of course and then found out that we only lived 2 blocks away from each other. At the end of the night he asked for a ride home and I said sure... my little brother, Shawn, was not very happy about that, he was trying to be my protector (and now they're great friends!) When I dropped him off we exchanged numbers ... (well he was a little tipsy & asked if I would put my number in his phone for him, I made a smart remark but I put it in anyway) LOL!
He asked me out for dinner & took me for Sushi at AHSO's (little did I know that he didn't even like sushi at that time) We sat at the teppanyaki tables & I was sitting next to this adorable little boys who was very talkative... at one point the little boy asked me if I thought he looked handsome in his tie!?! Chris always makes a joke that he almost got stood up by a 10yr old on our 1st date!
And the rest is history
 The funny thing is, I was at a point in my life where I didn't want anything to do with men or a relationship and he wasn't looking either... I guess God works in funny ways like that! Just goes to show that when we just let go & let things happen great people and/or things can enter our lives!


 Now look at this picture closely, yes that is right, Chris has 3 girls and Crystal has 3 boys. 

 We didn't spend a lot of time taking pictures after the wedding because we had already planned on a post wedding shoot the next!  They say timing is everything.  Well just about when we were done with formals a vendor walked buy with horses.  So we gave him a $20 and took some fun pictures with his horse. 











 The next bunch of pictures were taken the day after.  I had some ideas I wanted put into place that involved a bucket of beer.  Yes, great idea, especially since we were able to enjoy the beer when were all done shooting.  I'm really excited about the sunset pictures that we took.  I'm always trying to improve my off camera flash skills and I'm really happy with how Chris and Crystals came out. My husband Brian was such a BIG help!!






























 Haha, I laugh at these last two images.  I told Chris and Crystal we were done, then Chris said "wait, I have a special request".  He picked up Crystal and put her on his shoulder and started walking out into the ocean. 
I truly love this couple and know they will have a lifetime of happiness.  I think it was kind of obvious that I would take the wedding pictures, but non the less I felt so honored to do so.  We had such a great time, our entire family.  From what I hear, rumor ville, that we are going to make it a yearly event to get everyone together in Mexico. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~George and Catherine~

Let the Blogging begin!

Ahh Stella