Sean and Kayla's Fun Engagement Shoot

 Meet Sean and Kayla, super cute, sweet couple.  Now something interesting about this sweet couple, I photographed Kayla's moms wedding back in 2006. What!!  What an honor to be asked again to photograph for this family.  I would like to share with you what Kayla wrote for me on how they met. 


You never know when you’ll meet the person who will change your life and become your soulmate. Sean and I met at the Strawberry Festival in Pinetop, AZ and life changed forever.

It was a weekend of pure luck as Sean was covering for a friend selling CUTCO knives at the Festival, and unfortunately I had been let go from my job that weekend and was there with my family. As my mom and I were walking towards Sean’s booth, and my mom said, “check out that guy, he’s tall!”  I eventually gathered up the guts to go talk to him…or maybe my Mom gave me a little push!  I remember joking with my mom telling her “he could be my souvenir”.  Later on, we walked by again and he waved me over to get my number and ask me on a date. Before we left the festival, I held up my promise and brought him some chocolate covered strawberries and he gave me a penny in the shape of a rose he made with his Cutco scissors.

The next night, he took me on our first date. He was the first guy who had ever come to the door to pick me up and brought me flowers; I was swept off my feet from the very beginning. After two more amazing dates, he moved to North Dakota for three months and I thought I was never going to see him again. Then he invited me to North Dakota for the 4th of July weekend and I met his whole family. That’s the weekend he asked me to officially be his girlfriend.

Twenty months later we walked up the trail to the site of our first date to watch the sunset. Sean got down on one knee and proposed to me and we toasted with a bottle of wine and a red rose that Sean had hid earlier that day.

It was meant to be…how lucky are we to find our life partner, best friend, and true love due to changes in work schedules on that fateful day!




















Thank you Kayla for sharing your story with us.  I could have never written something up that good.  I do have to say that when I first met Sean for their engagement shoot I must have said out load a handful of times "your so tall".  Finally Kayla said "tall is a good thing, right"?  Yes it is! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~George and Catherine~

Let the Blogging begin!

Ahh Stella